ORC provides support and backup to new and existing clients to prepare for WRC inspections ensuring your organisation remains compliant at all times. There are many types of employee relations issues that can be brought before the Workplace Relations Commission, and the way to handle them can vary depending on the particular issue. By partnering with ORC, you can be assured that you have HR Experts to advise at all stages.
Disagreements and disputes between employees happen all the time. Often these Workplace Conflicts, these are the results of ineffective communication. Our team can provide a reliable service that can effectively manage the Workplace Relations in your organisation.
ORC provides workplace mediation services to organisations attempting to resolve workplace conflicts and disputes. We act as the third party in a very informal process where both parties within the process have equal authority to reach mutual agreements.
Our unique First Responder program protects our clients from “acting in haste and repenting at leisure”.
ORC offers an initial free health check ensuring your company is compliant with all Employments Acts and legislation. We also prepare management for WRC inspections when an investigation or case has been scheduled.
What is the WRC
The implementation of the Workplace Relations Act in 2015 established a two-tier workplace relations structure (The Workplace Relations Commission)
The Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) has responsibility for:
- promoting the improvement of workplace relations, and maintenance of good workplace relations,
- promoting and encouraging compliance with relevant enactments,
- providing guidance in relation to compliance with codes of practice approved under Section 20 of the Workplace Relations Act 2015,
- conducting reviews of, and monitor developments as respects, workplace relations,
- conducting or commissioning research into matters pertaining to workplace relations,
- providing advice, information and the findings of research conducted by the Commission to joint labour committees and joint industrial councils,
- advising and apprising the Minister in relation to the application of, and compliance with, relevant enactments, and
- providing information to members of the public in relation to employment.
The Commission’s core services include the inspection of employment rights compliance, the provision of information, the processing of employment agency and protection of young persons (employment) licences and the provision of mediation, conciliation, facilitation and advisory services.
ORC guides employers through the potential minefield of workplace compliance ensuring employers are fully up to date with the ever changing landscape of employment law and employee rights.
We represent employers through investigations (both grievance and disciplinary), mediations, negotiations and adjudications.
The link below will take you to Recent Cases adjudicated by the WRC – Latest Decisions & Recommendations – Workplace Relations Commission.
Do you have any questions or queries for us?
Wherever your business takes you, we are right there with you.